Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 12: The Electronic Babysitter has been fired!

I'm such a bad mom. I'll admit it. I use the electronic babysitter here and there....okay, sometimes a lot.


She's so useful in her many forms: Television, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Leapster Game Pad, even the thing I sit here and type to: the ol' computer. She takes so many different forms and she'll let me complete so many tasks without interruption. But her free and instant nature has a more insidious side because she's tricked my son into needing her constant attention. The Monday morning routine was almost scuttled due to a 3am visit in her Leapster form that made us extremely pressed for time because Logan would not wake up! Vile succubus, you shall no longer have your temptress claws around Logan's eyes, ears and mind! I know I am personifying her to make her seem more like her own entity than me, but that's okay. It's easier to hate the electronic babysitter than myself. In the infamous words of Donald Trump, "You're fired!"

No comments:

Post a Comment